Skip to main content

The empire will fall...

As with all multicultural empires throughout history; the Mongol, Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, British, Portuguese & Spanish Empires - South Africa will too fall & disintegrate. Balkanise as it were. These are the losses of territory that could happen in future as the South African chapter comes to an end. 

20 March 1991: A day before the independence of Namibia. The South African Empire is at it's maximum extent. 



Present day South Africa. Namibia (German Southwest Africa) is gone & has become an independent state. 


2026: The Western Cape of South Africa becomes a sovereign state. 


2030: Venda, KwaZulu & Northern Cape have left South Africa. Northern Cape possibly joins the Western Cape to form a bigger state. Lesotho either becomes part of South Africa or gains parts of the Free State to extend their territory.

Popular posts from this blog

Why "KwaTu"?

We are all "Tu": In many, if not, most of the major indigenous languages in Africa, there's the "tu" suffix or "tu" in the body of the word meaning "a person" (NB: It can be spelt differently depending on accents, in some African languages it's "-du" & others "-tho".).  " Tu " may be the best name for Africa collectively.  Hausa: Person ~ Mu tu m Igbo: People ~ Ndị mma dụ Swahili: Person or people ~ M tu au wa tu   Maybe Tu is too short a word to call a continent so we add the place name prefix "kwa" (meaning at/for) present in Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Zulu & other African languages to make Kwatu or KwaTu .

History of the Mpofana by Mthoko M. Mpofana

I'm not very traditional, I'm more straightforward & basic & often disregard cultural nuances so this history of the Mpofana tribe is going to be as direct & concise as possible.  Growing up, I grew up knowing that the clan praises or izithakazelo of the Mpofana are "Zulu" & "Ntombela", I never questioned that.  What I know now for sure is that there's a lot more that's hidden in history. What I keep seeing being repeated from various sources is that the Mpofana were part of the Amazizi (or AmaTiti) tribe. I now know that in the midlands & perhaps further north, up to the northwestern parts of KZN, they use the greeting "MaZizi okuhlala", perhaps alluding to the fact that the Mpofana as well as other Amazizi tribes were among the original tribes to settle in present-day KZN from 200 AD onwards & the "Dlamini" praise or greeting was used among all Dlamini tribes i. e. the Amahlubi, Amazizi (Mtiti), Hlangwini...

The modern Zulu language.

I always wondered which of the many Zulu dialects modern Zulu is & always thought it was Hlubi (isiMbo) & according to this thesis by a Mr. Isaac Sibusiso Kubeka written in what was apparently 1979, we see modern Zulu is more the original Ntungwa dialect. The Mthethwa dialect (isiLala) that was likely spoken by King Shaka looks more a Tsonga dialect from a Zulu-speaker's perspective. Despite the "Zulu area" speaking many dialects, I'm of the belief that these dialects were mutually intelligible & similar for the most part. This is the only way these Nguni tribes from southern Mozambique up to Umzimvubu River & inland into the Drakensberg Mountains up to Gauteng could understand each other because I, genuinely, think that it was seldom that an African travelled to a land where he couldn't speak the local language in precolonial times.  Mild differences between Zulu dialects. Writing Zulu   I remember reading a book written in 1930 by ...