Skip to main content

World Cup Final analysis.

The game went as expected. I expected Argentina to try boss France out of the game but also expected France to sort of do the same & tire Argentina out. I expected a quiet game from Messi as an elder/spent force but the early penalty gave him some vigour. France was never going to beat Argentina at penalties. Hugo Lloris in the French team seems unsure at times whereas South American goalkeepers are known for being overconfident. The only way France could've won this game is through physicality & decisive play. I could see Deschamps tried to implement some tactics even though I'm not sure what he was going at... was Kingsley Coman really going to make a difference at the dying stages of the game? Was there even a game plan or maybe it was just a matter of winning the game how ever & no set method of play? If it was a less important occasion, France could've won comfortably but when stakes are high & history is on the line - the real characters come out. Well done Argentina, it meant more than just a football game to you & you wanted it more.

Popular posts from this blog

Why "KwaTu"?

We are all "Tu": In many, if not, most of the major indigenous languages in Africa, there's the "tu" suffix or "tu" in the body of the word meaning "a person" (NB: It can be spelt differently depending on accents, in some African languages it's "-du" & others "-tho".).  " Tu " may be the best name for Africa collectively.  Hausa: Person ~ Mu tu m Igbo: People ~ Ndị mma dụ Swahili: Person or people ~ M tu au wa tu   Maybe Tu is too short a word to call a continent so we add the place name prefix "kwa" (meaning at/for) present in Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Zulu & other African languages to make Kwatu or KwaTu .

History of the Mpofana by Mthoko M. Mpofana

I'm not very traditional, I'm more straightforward & basic & often disregard cultural nuances so this history of the Mpofana tribe is going to be as direct & concise as possible.  Growing up, I grew up knowing that the clan praises or izithakazelo of the Mpofana are "Zulu" & "Ntombela", I never questioned that.  What I know now for sure is that there's a lot more that's hidden in history. What I keep seeing being repeated from various sources is that the Mpofana were part of the Amazizi (or AmaTiti) tribe. I now know that in the midlands & perhaps further north, up to the northwestern parts of KZN, they use the greeting "MaZizi okuhlala", perhaps alluding to the fact that the Mpofana as well as other Amazizi tribes were among the original tribes to settle in present-day KZN from 200 AD onwards & the "Dlamini" praise or greeting was used among all Dlamini tribes i. e. the Amahlubi, Amazizi (Mtiti), Hlangwini...

The modern Zulu language.

I always wondered which of the many Zulu dialects modern Zulu is & always thought it was Hlubi (isiMbo) & according to this thesis by a Mr. Isaac Sibusiso Kubeka written in what was apparently 1979, we see modern Zulu is more the original Ntungwa dialect. The Mthethwa dialect (isiLala) that was likely spoken by King Shaka looks more a Tsonga dialect from a Zulu-speaker's perspective. Despite the "Zulu area" speaking many dialects, I'm of the belief that these dialects were mutually intelligible & similar for the most part. This is the only way these Nguni tribes from southern Mozambique up to Umzimvubu River & inland into the Drakensberg Mountains up to Gauteng could understand each other because I, genuinely, think that it was seldom that an African travelled to a land where he couldn't speak the local language in precolonial times.  Mild differences between Zulu dialects. Writing Zulu   I remember reading a book written in 1930 by ...